Actress Ashley Benson is celebrating her birthday this week. And she’s looking amazing while doing so. The former Pretty Little Liars star just shared some highlights from the day on Instagram. In some of the photos, she wore a black bathing suit top and black pants. How does she stay so fit? Read on to see 5 ways Ashley Benson stays in shape and the photos that prove they work—and to get beach-ready yourself, don’t miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!
Benson opened up about her favorite workouts to Health. She says that she does a lot of circuit training, especially when it comes to her lower body. “We usually do circuit training, so I’ll do 25 squats, then I’ll run back and forth, and then I’ll do lunges to the other side of the gym both ways, run, then squats. I can’t move for days!”
Benson does a lot of cardio workouts to stay in shape. She tells Health that she makes sure to get at least two different cardio exercises in each week. “I usually do Pilates three days a week for an hour,” she says. “I try to box or do SoulCycle two or three times a week.” SoulCycle is a popular indoor cycling class that combines cycling with strength training and body weight exercises. Some potential health benefits of SoulCycle include:
- Improved cardiovascular fitness: SoulCycle is a high-intensity cardiovascular workout that can help improve your overall fitness level.
- Increased muscle strength and endurance: The resistance and body weight exercises included in SoulCycle can help improve muscle strength and endurance.
- Weight loss: SoulCycle is a high-energy workout that can help you burn calories and lose weight.
Despite her busy schedule, Benson always makes time for a workout. She admits to Health that she doesn’t always want to workout. However, she says that she will always push herself to do some form of physical activity. “There are times I just want to do nothing,” she says. “But then I don’t feel good about myself.”
Benson is all about self-love and acceptance. She tells Vogue that she wants her young female fans to have this same attitude. “Being in the limelight, I’ve learned to accept my [perceived] flaws and be vocal about loving the way I look,” she explains. “I want young girls to know that when they see us [celebrities] in magazines and photo spreads that it’s a lot of hair, makeup, and Photoshop.
Benson opened up about her beauty tips and routine to Bustle. She says that she doesn’t do too much to her hair. “If I wash my hair, I just put it in two braids and eventually take it out and let it air dry,” she tells me. “I try not to put any heat on my hair. I’m also not very good at [styling] hair so I just keep it natural and put a lot of oils in it.” There are many natural oils that can be used to nourish and moisturize the hair. Some popular natural oils for hair care include:
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a popular choice for hair care due to its ability to penetrate the hair shaft and provide deep conditioning. It can help nourish dry, damaged hair and protect against breakage.
- Argan oil: Argan oil is rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, which can help nourish and strengthen the hair. It can also help improve the appearance of dry, damaged hair and add shine.
- Avocado oil: Avocado oil is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E, which can help moisturize the hair and improve its appearance. It is also thought to have anti-inflammatory properties that may help soothe a dry, itchy scalp.