The American College of Cardiology (ACC) released the list of the late-breaking trial presentations at the upcoming ACC.23 meeting March 4-6, in New Orleans. These key late-breaking science sessions include studies in all aspects of cardiovascular medicine, including interventional cardiology, structural heart, cardiac surgery, electrophysiology and drug therapies. Search all the ACC.23 sessions.
Joint ACC/Journal of the ACC Late-Breaking Clinical Trials
Saturday, March 4, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. CT. Main Tent (Great Hall)
• CLEAR Outcomes Trial: Bempedoic Acid and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Statin Intolerant Patients at High Cardiovascular Risk. Presented by Steven E. Nissen.
• TRILUMINATE Pivotal: A Landmark Randomized Clinical Trial of Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Edge-to-Edge Repair For Tricuspid Regurgitation. Presented by Paul Sorajja.
• Statins TO Prevent the Cardiotoxicity From Anthracyclines: The STOP-CA Trial. Presented by Tomas G. Neilan.
Featured Clinical Research I
Saturday, March 4, Noon – 1:15 p.m. CT. Room 257
• HALO Trial: Results From a Phase 2, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of Baxdrostat in Patients With Uncontrolled Hypertension. Presented by Deepak L. Bhatt.
• Effect of Myocardial Viability, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention and Functional Recovery on Clinical Outcomes in the REVIVED-BCIS2 Randomized Trial. Presented by Divaka Perera.
• AIMI-HF Trial: Ischemia and Viability Imaging in Heart Failure: The Alternative Imaging Modalities in Ischemic Heart Failure Trial. Presented by Lisa Mielniczuk.
• Effect of Evolocumab on Coronary Plaque Characteristics in Stable Coronary Artery Disease: A Multimodality Imaging Study (the Yellow III Study). Presented by Annapoorna Subhash Kini.
• On-site Computed Tomography-derived Fractional Flow Reserve to Guide the Management of Patients With Stable Coronary Artery Disease: The TARGET Randomized Trial. Presented by Yundai Chen.
Joint ACC/New England Journal of Medicine Late-Breaking Clinical Trials
Sunday, March 5, 8 – 9:15 a.m. CT. Main Tent (Great Hall)
• Minimally Invasive Versus Conventional Sternotomy For Mitral Valve Repair Surgery: An Expertise Based Multicentre Randomised Controlled Trial (UK Mini Mitral). Presented by Enoch Akowuah.
• RENOVATE-COMPLEX-PCI: Intravascular Imaging-guided Versus Angiography-guided Procedural Optimization in Complex Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Presented by Presented by Joo-Yong Hahn.
• Transcatheter Edge-to-edge Repair of Functional Mitral Regurgitation in Heart Failure: Final Five-year Results From the COAPT Trial. Presented by Gregg W. Stone.
• Transcatheter Versus Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Aortic Stenosis Patients at Low Surgical Risk: 3-year Outcomes From the Evolut Low Risk Trial. Presented by John K. Forrest.
• BIOVASC: Complete Revascularization Strategies in Patients Presenting With Acute Coronary Syndromes and Multivessel Coronary Disease. Presented by Roberto Diletti.
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials III
Sunday, March 5, 9:45 – 11 a.m. CT. Main Tent (Great Hall)
• Building Electronic Tools To Enhance and Reinforce CArdiovascular REcommendations For Heart Failure (BETTER CARE-HF): A Pragmatic, Cluster-randomized Trial Comparing Two Ambulatory Clinical Decision Support Tools. Presented by Amrita Mukhopadhyay.
• A Nationwide Randomized Trial of Electronically Delivered Nudges to Increase Influenza Vaccination Uptake: The NUDGE-FLU Trial. Presented by Niklas Dyrby Johansen.
• A Randomized Trial of a Personalized Clinical Decision Support Intervention to Improve Statin Prescribing in Patients With Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease (PCDS Statin). Presented by Salim S. Virani.
• Translating Polygenic Risk For Coronary Artery Disease Into Clinically Actionable Information Using Causal A.I.. Presented by Brian A. Ference.
• ACCESS: A Randomized Trial Assessing the Impact of Eliminating Copayment For High Value Preventive Medications For Low-income Seniors With Cardiovascular-related Chronic Diseases. Presented by Diseases David Campbell.
Featured Clinical Research II
Sunday, March 5, 12:15 – 1:30 p.m. CT. Main Tent (Great Hall)
• RAPID-HF: Atrial Pacing For Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Presented by Barry Borlaug.
• Association of a Low-carbohydrate High-fat (Ketogenic) Diet With Plasma Lipid Levels and Cardiovascular Risk in a Population-based Cohort. Presented by Iulia Iatan.
• STREAM-2: Pharmaco-invasive Reperfusion Strategy With Half-dose Tenecteplase in Older St-elevation Myocardial Infarction Patients. Presented by Frans J. J. Van de Werf.
• Comparison of 3-month Versus 12-month Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Coronary Intervention Using the Contemporary Drug-eluting Stents With Ultrathin Struts And Advanced Polymer Technology: The HOST-IDEA Randomized Clinical Trial. Presented by Hyo-Soo Kim.
• Safety and Efficacy of Transcatheter Edge-to-Edge Mitral Repair in Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation: An Analysis Of The STS/ACC TVT Registry. Presented by Raj R. Makkar.
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials Deep Dive I
Sunday, March 5, 2 – 3:15 p.m. CT. Main Tent (Great Hall)
Get insights from key clinical trials presented at ACC.23/WCC and find out what it all means for your patients.